Trauma is a big word, which is used so often that it can lose its meaning.
And it can seem so big that it does not apply to us.
But each of us are affected multiple times a day by the micro-freezes that result from recent and more distant events where we were helpless, alone, afraid, angry, unsupported or torn in too many directions to be able to move.
We can find these after-effects in:
- Our overreactions
- Our moments of freeze, confusion or bewilderment
- Every triggered snap, contemptuous remark, or putdown
- Moments of misattunement
- Times when we are dismissed or when we dismiss others
- The times we shift into strategy, instead of being able to stay in empathy
- What we don't allow ourselves to express
- When we can't see people as humans and we lose sight of their wholeness
- All of our moments of stuckness
In this seven week series, we will explore the freeing effects of Nonviolent Communication's resonant language on these small and large moments of stuckness that all of us live with.
Sarah Peyton, CNVC certified trainer and author of Your Resonant Self, will walk you through an easy and memorable tour of neuroscience and the way that NVC changes brains and makes lives fluid and more resilient.