Most of us spend the majority of our waking hours at work.
Work life and corporate practices have a significant impact on all aspects of our society and culture. Yet research shows that only 32 percent of employees in the U.S. are engaged. And an increasing number are seeking respectful treatment at work and are invested in creating greater trust between employees and management. So how can we change how we work – and, in doing so, change the world?
Become a workplace changemaker.
Do you find any of these at your workplace?
- Heavy buraucracy
- Top-down decision-making
- Endless meetings
- Lack of engagement and follow through
- Erosion of communication and trust
- Silos getting in the way of teamwork
- Confusion about roles
- People "passing the buck" on tasks getting done
- People not speaking up when something important needs to be said
- Conflict with those you depend on to get projects done
- People digging in their heels
- Low morale
- "Bullying" of "passive-aggressive" behavior
This remarkable 9-month program will support you in learning and applying game-changing skills and concepts that will make a radical difference in how you live and share NVC, and how you bring it into the workplace.
This course is for you if you are:
- A manager who wants to work more effectively with your team
- An employee who wants to experience more empowerment with your boss
- Seeking greater collaboration and ease with your colleagues
- Simply passionate about bringing NVC into the workplace
Whatever your position and vision at your workplace and whatever the challenges you face, this program is designed to support you in responding effectively and creating real change at work via ongoing coaching, resources, and peer-support.
In particular, during this program you will learn how to:
- Self-manage your own reactions
- Hold both the needs of employees and management with care
- Give more effective feedback
- Respond effectively and empathically to client / customer needs and concerns
- Increase "deliverables" on your team's goals
- Apply specific NVC skills to the workplace – including meeting facilitation, group requests, and check-ins
- Create life-work balance and attend to self-care
How can we deliver on all these objectives?
This 9-month program will meet twice monthly, dive deep, and respond specifically to your current needs and requests. We also will create a community of "changemakers" at work via a community share space and a peer-support system. Plus, each month you will receive specific articles, materials, and resources designed to support your being inspired, informed, and creating change at work!
What the program includes…
- Twenty Bi-Monthly Sessions
We will meet every other Wednesday from 11am-12:30pm Eastern (New York) time from April 8th through December 30th, 2020 for a total of 19 sessions (recordings of all sessions are available to everyone who registers).
- Customized Coaching
In each session, we'll focus on a particular workplace topic and / or skill set, with Dian coaching one or two participants in depth. This is your opportunity to bring your unique situation to the table and receive 1:1 guidance. You and others on the call will then benefit from Dian's masterful and nuanced coaching (called "alchemical" by a master coach!) plus her years of practical experience as an organizational consultant and trainer, helping you find empowering and transformative solutions.
- Dian + Guest Experts and Coaches
Dian will lead fifteen or more of the sessions. In these sessions, the focus will be on coaching you and the other participants on specific workplace frustrations, blocks, and challenges and finding transformational solutions. Super hands-on, the coaching will give you specific skills and strategies designed to generate the kind of work environment you can thrive in – one based on mutual respect, trust, and authenticity.
In addition to Dian's sessions, up to four of the sessions will be led by guest speakers and coaches – people chosen by Dian because of their experience in bringing NVC into the workplace, working on corporate teams with her, and / or initiating innovative and collaborative-based changes at work. You will be inspired by changemakers AND given the tools to become a change-maker yourself!