Empathy is connection between Self and Other in which we experience our differences from an underlying commonality.
In communication, empathic connection is created by both Speaker and Listener, and leads to compassion that optimizes cooperation. Like meditation, yoga, and exercise, a regular practice of empathic speaking and listening contributes to health, well-being and optimal functioning.
In this recording, John will offer in-depth practice with elements of empathy that give a natural, practical ability to speak and listen from presence and the core components of NVC. You'll also learn a Self-Connection Practice that integrates mindfulness with need consciousness, giving you the ability to return to that sense of empathy connection when you've been triggered into a "fight-flight-freeze" reaction.
Specifically, you will learn:
- Speaking and listening from presence
- Understanding your own and others' experience separate from agreeing or disagreeing
- Connecting with needs and meeting needs with ease and naturalness
- How to quickly re-connect with yourself and return to empathic presence when you are triggered into a "fight-flight-freeze" reaction
- How to make these practices a part of your daily life so that the skills become habit and woven through the fabric of your life