Shelter-In-Place with Nonviolent Communication
Whether you're protecting yourself and loved ones by staying at home, or supporting yourself and others by continuing to work, we all could use a little extra support right now. Here are some Nonviolent Communication learning resources you may find helpful during this difficult time.
A good place to start is self-empathy. You can't give what you don't have, so being compassionate with yourself is an indispensible tool that will strengthen you and allow you to more fully support others. Here's the first session from Mary Mackenzie's course, Self-Empathy: Healing from the Inside Out...
Empathy guessing can seem magical and mysterious. While empathy is both intuitive and an art, there is also a science to it. In this brief introduction to Dian Killian's work, Empathy Magic, you'll learn a super-practical way to demystify empathy guessing by making use of the root meaning of words.
In this challenging time, we can be tempted to blame others for the predicament we find ourselves in. Blame can become a terrible habit – one that’s extremely costly both personally, socially and culturally. When you play The Blame Game there are usually only losers. Nobody wins, not really. Listen as Francois Beausoleil explains how blame is a self-imposed prison and offers a path to freedom, from his work, The Blame Free State.
Navigate & Rethink Our New Reality
- Apart and Together: Responding to Opportunity in Extreme Times - This crisis is an opportunity to shift habits, join forces, and respond freshly in ways that seemed impossible before.
- Paying Attention In Troubled Times - Stress or reduced capacity in troubled times could be more about our need for cultural repair.
Activating Our Agency and Choice
- Taking Action to Change Our Experience - Consider how your (in)actions contribute to your outcomes. Restrategize.
- Doing Something Different - Tap into your needs. Activate new possibilty. Your life is now.
- Meeting Our Need for Support - Many options can be available to us.
Transform Stress, Anger, Fear, Depression (and More)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction with Stephanie Bachmann Mattei
- Embracing Your Emotions: Honoring the Wisdom of BIG Emotions (part 1) with Christine King
- How to Stay Calm during a Pandemic - an article
More NVC Training Sources
- Downloadable Recorded NVC Courses at the NVC Marketplace