CNVC Certified Trainer from Brooklyn, New York, USA
Dian Killian, PhD, is a Certified Trainer with the international Center for Nonviolent Communication, a certified life coach (a graduate of the Coaching for Transformation program) and author of two books, Urban Empathy: True Life Adventures of Compassion on the Streets of NY, and Connecting across Differences: How to Connect with Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere (now in its third edition, and in German). Founder and former director of the Center for Collaborative Communication, she now offers coaching and training via her company, Work Collaboratively, to diverse organizations from small and large NGOs to multinational and Fortune 100 companies.
She also founded and co-leads the International NVC Women’s Retreat and has regularly offered public programming at Kripalu, the 92nd St Y, Omega, the NY Open Center, NVC Academy, and in Asia and Europe. Learn more and join her blog post and mailing list at www.workcollaboratively.com.
- Learn your body’s “language” and how to listen deeply to it
- Expand your NVC toolbox with emergency self-empathy tips
- Explore drawing on your senses to get past what is blocking you
- Discover and practice that “missing step” in the NVC process
Listen to CNVC Certified Trainer Dian Killian guide and ease you into a more natural expression of empathy. This is a three person exercise. Listen in and then give it a try!
This learning resource is free for all to enjoy until the end of March.
- Bring NVC to work in radical (and FUN) game-changing ways
- Enjoy greater collaboration with your colleagues
- Expand your team’s effectiveness
- Experience more empowerment and ease with your boss
Here's a quick tip to improve your empathy skills with empathy guessing.
Empathy guessing when I was new to NVC seemed magical and mysterious. How could that other person have known that about me? And seen inside me — often in ways I'd missed myself. While empathy is both intuitive and an art, there is also a science to it. In this brief yet fascinating introduction to Dian's course, Empathy Magic, you'll learn a super-practical way to demystify empathy guessing by making use of the root meaning of words.