CNVC Certified Trainer from Long Beach, California, USA
Mary Mackenzie, M.A., is an author, trained mediator, and CNVC Certified Trainer of Nonviolent Communication. She holds a master's degree in human relations from Northern Arizona University and is the co-founder of the NVC Academy, the only online school for learning Nonviolent Communication.
Mary teaches Nonviolent Communication and other spiritually-based programs to individuals, couples, families, organizations, and spiritual communities through a wide variety of workshops and retreats. Her book Peaceful Living: Daily Meditations for Living with Love, Healing and Compassion offers inspiring practical methods for creating peace in our everyday lives.
As a pioneer of online NVC training, Mary runs her company in harmony with what she teaches. She and NVC Academy co-founder, Mark Schultz, paved the way to NVC online training in 2006 and have been instrumental in alleviating the financial and geographical barriers to learning NVC skills.
One of her passions is facilitating critical dialogues between people, and she has spent more than 20 years learning a wide variety of effective processes she can draw on in a moment's notice. Known for her clear communication style, she is especially skilled in helping individuals within groups put aside their preferences and find ways to collaborate with each other that are in alignment with their values. Her ability to cut through the confusion in a group has helped many teams quickly move forward in their desired progress.
- Interrupt in a way that increases connection
- Minimize shame or defensiveness
- Elevate others’ enjoyment of learning
- Invite more joy, curiosity, and closeness into your interactions
- Learn the complexities of intersectionality
- Gain a deeper understanding of life experiences
- Clear the way for a more authentic connection
- Deepen your ability to hold others in compassion
- Clarify and accentuate your personal teaching style
- Gain tools for creating safety and ease in your groups
- Learn to easily create workshop outlines and teaching activities
- Come away with tips that will keep your workshops alive
- Enjoy having 20 minutes in a quiet, rejuvenating, and healing space
- Let your mind to rest and relax in a beloved community of like-minded others
- Release any fears about your life or our world that you may be holding
- Tenderly weave the harmonizing light of peace and quiet joy into your heart