Rachelle Lamb offers proven steps to substantially boost meeting productivity and efficiency, and make meetings more productive and enjoyable for everyone, when using NVC. Rachelle offers a series of quick tips including check-in, take turns, pause, speak honestly, speak mindfully and more.
Workplace relationships are complex. Each employee brings their unique self to work. Their background, perspective, emotional triggers, and working style. Add to this the dynamics of power relations, and the fact that often workplace communication now takes place at our computer keyboards rather than face-to-face. Sylvia Haskvitz offers practical tips to make today's complex workplace relationships more satisfying and effective.
When we are transparent about our concerns, brainstorm solutions together, and look towards making a decision with the other person, we can increase understanding, partnership, and mutual support. This invites people to work on the same issue from the same direction, collaboratively seek solutions, and tap a deeper wisdom. In the end, the future survival of our species depends on this kind of active interdependence.
Listen and learn how to:
- Talk about NVC in a way that has meaning and relevance for companies and organizations, showing a clear ROI (return on investment).
- Draw on different applications of NVC for the workplace: addressing change in management, management issues / styles, morale / teamwork, employee retention, etc.
- Create a value-based training proposal (with different service and product options) based on the needs of each specific client.
- Structure meetings with potential clients to move agreements forward.
- Custom design any materials, activities and languaging for each client.
- Develop your own marketing materials to increase your outreach and build your business of sharing NVC
Enjoy Dian's overview of the 4-step model and its application to the workplace. Learn how NVC can help you: generate intrinsic motivation… discover creative solutions… create greater accountability and buy-in…reinforce behaviors you like and change others… and experience a LOT more fun, joy and aliveness at work!
How is empathy in the workplace a professional skill? If you are ready to learn why and how empathy is the critical factor to more productivity, profitability and collaboration in the workplace, this recording is for you!
In this inspiring interview, Wes Taylor relays a story of how Nonviolent Communication is successfully used in law enforcement, and some of his challenges and joys in infusing Nonviolent Communication into a Maryland hospital culture.