About Our Pricing
Wondering About Discounts, Sliding-Scales, Scholarships and Refunds?
The NVC Academy is an online company whose goals are to support as many people as possible – throughout the world – in learning and deepening their NVC consciousness. We strive to keep the cost of our courses and products as low as possible while providing a broad range of choices in consideration of our worldwide constituency.
Some of our considerations in pricing are:
- The broad range of income levels across the world
- The value of the US dollar against foreign currency
- The maximum number of people a trainer wants to include in their course
- Number of hours in a course
- Any additional components/programs offered in a course
- Course registrants for choice, trust, value, consistency and access
- Trainers for sustainability, respect and joy in working with us
- NVC Academy team members for sustainability, ease and joy in their work
- NVC Academy for long term sustainability and viability
We recognize that – even though we deeply value and endeavor to consider everyone’s needs – we are not always able to find ways to do so.
Discounts, Sliding-scale, and Scholarships
This is our dilemma.
On one hand, we truly want to consider the needs of each individual, fully valuing connection and contribution. On the other hand, the volume of requests we receive from people across the globe can be daunting. While we value connection and contribution, we also value choice and long term sustainability.
Much of the reason we can price our programs/courses as low as they are is because our registration process is automated.
With each request for a change of any kind, we are required to shift from an automated to a manual system, thus increasing our internal financial and time expenses.
For instance, in addition to lack of financial resources or currency exchange challenges, we regularly receive other requests for discounts, scholarships, different payment plans, and refunds because a person:
- Won’t be able to attend all sessions
- Wants only to listen to the recordings
- Is joining a course after its initial start date
- Wants us to consider any other number of specific requests too numerous to provide in detail
So the following continues to present a dilemma for us:
- How to live in our NVC consciousness
- Support the worldwide community of NVC enthusiasts, and
- Maintain our long term (and immediate) sustainability so we can continue supporting our beloved community (and all the individuals within it) for years to come.
With all of this in mind, we have decided to create a Community Registration Support Fund as a place where people may:
1) Choose to contribute financially towards others’ registrations, and
2) Request financial support so they may more easily access NVC Academy resources.
We are deeply grateful to the greater NVC community who have joined us in looking for ways we can support our worldwide NVC community. Our great hope is that, by working together, all who are interested will have access to NVC trainings – regardless of their income or geographic location.
Knowing that many of us are working towards this goal gives us more peace.
We hope that reading this has given you a greater understanding of the many needs we grapple with on a daily basis, and what drives our decisions. We are equally hopeful that you will find choice among our many courses, products and prices that will support your learning, joy and fun.
Our request of you is that you fully consider the needs we have outlined here before asking us to make exceptions. You may contribute to the Community Registration Support Fund, or you may request discounted pricing through the Community Registration Support Fund. We typically reply to requests within 24 hours.
Please make a refund request after considering the following additional information.
We long for people to be able to make knowledgeable choices about the courses they attend. Some of our courses – especially edgy/thought provoking or longer time commitment courses – offer a free preview which supports registrants in knowing what they are signing up for. While we do not have this option for all courses, we do commit to offering full refunds if requested before the second day of a course. We believe that this offers you an opportunity to attend or review the recording of a course and determine if it will be a good fit for you.
For courses that are longer than 12 weeks, we request that you notify us within the first 30 days if you do not believe the course is a good fit for you.
In the interest of transparency, please be aware that all refunds take us from an automated system to a manual system, thus increasing our internal financial and time expenses. We also incur additional costs from the payment systems when we process refunds.
Mary Mackenzie and Mark Schultz
NVC Academy Co-founders