In this brief video, CNVC Certified Trainer and founder of the CNVC Parenting Project, Inbal Kashtan offers a succinct and insightful overview for using Nonviolent Communication in your parenting role.
Topics covered in this video are:
- Five key NVC principles to help you create a bridge of connection between you and your children
- A discussion of common habits parents fall into when hearing their children with judgment and/or demands
- Techniques for turning your judgments into empathy for yourself and your children to expand mutual connection and understanding
- Skills for speaking your truth without diminishing the importance of your children’s needs
- Tips for changing your old, worn out and ineffective habits with new habits to invigorate your life and relationships