CNVC Certified Trainer, author and co-founder of Bay Area Nonviolent Communication (BayNVC) and the North America NVC Leadership Program, from Oakland, California, USA
Miki Kashtan is a co-founder of Bay Area Nonviolent Communication (BayNVC) and Lead Collaboration Consultant at the Center for Efficient Collaboration. Miki aims to support visionary leadership and shape a livable future using collaborative tools based on the principles of Nonviolent Communication. She shares these tools through meeting facilitation, mediation, consulting, coaching, and training for organizations and committed individuals. Her latest book, Reweaving Our Human Fabric: Working together to Create a Nonviolent Future (2015) explores the practices and systems needed for a collaborative society. She is also the author of Spinning Threads of Radical Aliveness: Transcending the Legacy of Separation in Our Individual Lives, and The Little Book of Courageous Living. Miki blogs at The Fearless Heart and her articles have appeared in the New York Times ("Want Teamwork? Encourage Free Speech"), Tikkun, Waging Nonviolence, Shareable, Peace and Conflict, and elsewhere. She holds a Ph.D. in Sociology from UC Berkeley.
“Miki, I really admire the way you are able to be so present in the moment and are able to respond so well to what you see and sense. Just watching you in action makes this course worthwhile to me."
—S.G., Litchfield, Connecticut, USA
”Miki's workshop was exceptional in giving an overview of the work, while calmly meeting the emotional challenges everyone brought to the table.”
- Learn how to transform NVC into a tool for systemic awareness and healing
- Examine the influence of difference, and uncover pathways that strengthen its capacity
- Learn to receive and offer feedback on impact in situations fraught with power differences
- Explore specific ways in which NVC systemically supports the full flowering of humanity
- Delve into the dynamics of cultural differences, and discover how NVC can systemically contribute to a liberation perspective
A chosen, interdependent world… In most cases, that's sure not the world we live in today, is it. But it could be the world we live in tomorrow. And you can choose to be part of bringing that better world to life – to be part of a gradual, joyful transformation – simply by using the dynamic, living power of Dialogue.
The first session of this course is available for all to listen to and enjoy.
- Enjoy powerful, personalized coaching and support
- Bring nonviolence more fully into your personal leadership style
- Step into your power, and learn how to use it creatively and collaboratively
- Engage productively with others in moving toward a shared purpose
- Bridge the gap between your vision and the reality of life
- Transform the legacy of separation, powerlessness, and scarcity into a livable future for all
What specifically is leadership? And why do so many people step back from it? Listen in as Miki shares her experience and thoughts around changing the paradigm of leadership, as well as the role – and challenges – of using NVC when working for social change. Check it out.